Job Title: Quality Manager
Reports to: President
Job Status: Full-time
This position is responsible for the Quality Department including quality inspections in the shop and/or related documentation. Two-year technical degree; or ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent of education and experience. It is necessary that the employee has a strong background in and knowledge of ASME Codes and ISO-9001 Standards, materials, NDE methodology and federal, state, and local safety regulations. Certification as an AWS CWI is required. Certification as a Level II in MT, PT and RT is not required but recommended.
Characteristics required for this position:
- Five years experience in managing technical personnel and complex activities
- Five to ten years of broad technical experience, of which at least two to three years should be in quality administration/management.
- Ability to perform and interpret results of inspections and tests
- Travel may be a requirement
- Advanced computer skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
Responsible for implementing and enforcing the Quality Program and will work closely will all departments towards the goal of producing quality items. The Quality Manager will assign QC inspectors to perform examinations and tests. The Quality Manager is responsible for the development, maintenance, and implementation of the ISO-9001 Quality program, supporting procedures and specific instructions related to quality.
- Provides assistance and support to shop personnel and other departments when quality-related issues arise.
- Establishes and enforces procedures for maintaining high standards of quality and reliability.
- Determines and enforces quality requirements in accordance with company needs and applicable ASME Code and ISO-9001 requirements.
- Organizes and promotes company-wide quality improvement methods.
- Evaluates and develops improved techniques for the control of quality, reliability, and safety.
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of the company quality system.
- Responsible for reporting on the performance of the quality system to the President.
- Performs and interprets results of inspections and tests at various stages of the production process, and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality.
- Records and evaluates test data.
- Interprets engineering drawings, drawing details, etc., to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Calibration of Measuring and Test Equipment.
- Reviews and/or approves technical specifications, procedures, purchase orders, drawings, and calculations.
- Development and maintenance of welding procedures and procedure qualification records.
- Review and maintenance of Welders/Welding Operators qualification records.
- Assembly and submittal of customer documentation.
- Liaison and interface with the Authorized Inspector and third-party inspectors.
- Reviews revisions/addenda to the ASME Codes.
- Auditing, evaluation, and qualification of vendors/suppliers’ quality programs.
THE ABOVE RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NORMALLY REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS JOB. OTHER JOB DUTIES MAY BE REQUIRED AS DEEMED NECESSARY.
Complete the form below to apply for one of our open positions.